Hi there! I’m Jen, an aspiring engineer based in New York. I’m pursuing my B.A. in Computer Science, with minors in Psychology and Web Programming & Applications at NYU.
I’m passionate about uplifting underrepresented communities in tech through CS Education. With diverse perspectives, we have greater opportunities to build impactful products that reach more people.
I’ve worked with a wide variety of frontend, backend, & mobile technologies and ultimately hope to become a Full-Stack Engineer.
June 2021 - Aug 2021[+]
Software Engineer Intern
Part of the Global Infrastructure Developer Experience (GIDX) team which is responsible for setting and improving developer experience (DX) journeys for infrastructure products and services.
Jan 2021 - April 2021[+]
Software Engineer Intern
Part of the Signal team which is responsible for Alert Grouping and Intellgent Triage products that helps responders better triage incidents for faster resolutions.
June 2020 - Nov 2020[+]
Selected participant in a virtual course that helps prepare for technical interviews.
Sep 2017 - Present[+]
- Tech Undivided - Founder and leader of diversity program that aims to connect, support, and empower Black + Latinx students at NYU as they navigate careers in tech.
- Product Lead - Maintain the organization’s website
- Graphic Design - Work with the marketing team to design flyers for large scale tech events. I use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to create designs.
- Freshman Circuit Lead - Lead a group of 15 first-year students into the tech industry by organizing startup and big-company tours, professional development workshops, and provide guidance in individual student projects and academic life. Tours I've organized this year include Facebook, Giphy, Google, LinkedIn, Stack Overflow, and WW.
- Freshman Circuit Member - Selected participant in first-year cohort.
NYU CS Department
Oct 2019 - Dec 2020[+]
Course Tutor + Administrator
- Provide oversight of remote tutoring and manage scheduling issues throughout the semester.
Sep 2019 - Nov 2019[+]
Selected participant in Interview Prep Workshop series designed to strengthen mastery of data structures and algorithms through applied practice.
Girls Who Code SIP
July 2019 - Aug 2019[+]
- Led a classroom of 20 high school girls with an interest in Computer Science by providing instruction in Scratch, Python, Web Development (HTML, CSS, JS), and Robotics (Arduino).
- Assisted students in their Final projects, which promotes awareness to important social issues.
- Helped create a positive and inclusive sisterhood in hopes of closing the gender gap in technology.
Launch Math + Science
July 2018 - Aug 2018[+]
Instructed 5th-7th grade students Coding and Game development using Scratch.
Sep 2016 - June 2017[+]
Assistant College Coach
Assisted my High School's Director of College counseling by providing my senior class with written feedback on their college admission essays and assistance on financial aid applications. I also mentored rising juniors on community involvement and resume building.
July 2014 - June 2017[+]
Provided Kindergarten through High school students with help in Mathematics and English and communicated with parents on their child's progress.
A fashion/beauty app that enables users to generate outfits with their own clothes and share them with others. This app is intended for anyone who wants to make better use of the clothes they own and to promote sustainability. I helped design and implement the profile and social media pages and integrated Firebase to fetch and store user data throughout the app.